178 Sqm 2 Bed 2 Bath Condo For Sale
Yan Nawa, Sathon, Bangkok
Supakarn Condominium | Riverside Condo with Fantastic City Views at Chao Phraya Waterfront
Live on the Chao Phraya waterfront in the two bedroom, two bath condominium. A spacious 178 sqm the apartment has the character of a single family home with the convenience of a condominium. Beautiful, comfortable and renovated the interior was designed by a Bangkok architect. The unit is situated on floor 28 of the 34-floor Supakarn Condominium building, which houses only 70 units.
The apartment comes with two balconies, one of which is large enough for entertaining several friends at once. Windows and views to the north-east avoid the hot sun during most of the day. Natural airflow through the unit keeps it cool much of the time without needing the air conditioning.
Supakarn is a well-maintained high-rise building that dates back from 30 years ago. Co-owners have worked hard to keep the infrastructure in great condition. It has a shared but private boat that runs across the river from its private pier to the Sathorn Pier and Saphan Taksin BTS.
Special Features of the Condominium Unit:
* Western all-electric kitchen with ample teak cupboards and cultured granite counters. There is an Italian made MEX ceramic hob and vent hood, Siemens convection oven and a Siemens side by side fridge-freezer with in-door water and ice dispenser. Also included is a Tecnogas microwav, Smeg stainless double sink with drainboard and a GE under-counter wine cooler.
* Reverse osmosis water filter provides purified water to a tap at kitchen sink and to the fridge water dispenser.
* Full-sized washing machine and dryer installed beneath a separate counter with teak doors that close when not in use.
* Makha, teak, and tile flooring. Teak baseboards.
* The front entrance has side panels to open for air flow.
* Back door opens to a bright hallway with trash and electrical cupboards, large service lift, and emergency stairs.
* Northeast facing avoids hot daytime sun. Large sliding glass doors and windows let in light and river breezes.
* Unit wired for 110 as well as 220 volts for the convenience of folks from North America and Japan.
* New, energy efficient, central air conditioning.
* High quality Grohe bathroom fixtures.
* Three on-demand water heaters (not visible): bathrooms and kitchen sink.
* Storage cage at ground level.
* 2 large parking spaces located near lift in covered car park.
Supakarn Condominium Developer History:
Distinctive contemporary design to US standards by American architect Robert Sobel. In 1976 Robert Sobel and Richard Roth opened the Houston office of Emery Roth & Sons, a New York architectural firm that pioneered the development of high-rise technology following World War II. Sobel and Roth developed an international practice. Sobel's Asia projects include, along with Bangkok's Supakarn Condominium tower, the Mandarin Gardens and the Parkway Parade in Singapore, the Peremba Headquarters office building in Kuala Lumpur, and the China World Trade Center towers 1 and 2 in Beijing. Sobel has design awards from the American Institute of Architects and was twice recipient of the Architectural Record's Award for Architectural Design.
Supakarn Condominium Features:
* Approx. 30-year-old, freehold, well-maintained building with helipad on roof.
* Spacious, renovated lobby with waterfall and views of the river.
* 24 hour security
* Security card access to lifts.
* Good condo management and staff.
* Lifts recently modernized.
* New electrical generator for power outages.
* New fire pumps
* New water supply pipes
* Recent exterior paint
* Riverside pool with lounge area
* Recently renovated gym with top notch equipment.
* Space for future development of tennis courts, racquetball and more.
* Shared, private ferry boat crosses to Sathorn Pier and Saphan Taksin BTS.
* Rain roofs above drive designed by renowned Thai artist Thawan Duchanee.
* Condo bylaws prohibit short term rentals. No pets.
About the Neighborhood:
* Villa Market in Senafest Mall across the street.
* Tops Supermarket in Robinson's across the river.
* Many restaurants and street vendors. Supakarn Center food court and convenience store open M-F.
* Shrewsbury International School down river.
* Attractive park with recreation for adults and children.